Upgrading from EWC-ST-3E to NCM-300 panel

Post your questions and comments here.
akalion

Upgrading from EWC-ST-3E to NCM-300 panel

Post by akalion »

Hi everyone. Will be going through this process over the next few weeks. Have downloaded both ST-3E and NCM-300 technical bulletins. My current setup is wired exactly like #6 (Typical Fan Center And Oil Burner with Isolation Relay) on page 4 of the ST-3E technical bulletin. I also have 3 zones and thermostats and dampers wired exactly as #10 on page 5 but without the slave panel. My plan was to upgrade my current panel to NCM-300 while still using my old thermostats for the next few months until I upgrade to Ecobee3 thermos. My questions are the following.

1) When wiring the NCM-300, is it simply connecting everything to the same terminals as the ST-3E panel? Do I need to connect the C wire in the terminal block to the C terminal on the NCM-300 board where the system terminals are located? Anything else to worry about?
2) What should the DIP switch settings be set to? Again I have a 3 zone forced hot air oil heating system and AC for cooling as well.
3) Can I use my existing thermostats? Looks like the O and B terminals from the thermo would not be needed and I would instead need to connect W/Y/R/G on each thermo instead of just the master thermo to the NCM-300 panel tstat terminals. Is that correct?

Appreciate any tips and advise you all can give me on this mini project. Thank you.
Ric
Site Admin

Re: Upgrading from EWC-ST-3E to NCM-300 panel

Post by Ric »

We've added a wiring diagram - http://ewccontrols.com/acrobat/090512a0369.pdf.
Paul Z.

Post by Paul Z. »

A few question, please call 1-800-446-3110X490.
akalion

Post by akalion »

Thank you. The wiring diagram is very clear. I further clarified with Paul my remaining questions. Thought I would post here to clarity in case anyone else is interested.

Zone2/3 thermos do not need G wire connected unless I want independent fan control on those thermos.
DIP switches for my forced hot air oil/AC - 1st one to the right, rest to the left. If installing temp censor, it should be installed about 1ft above the AC coils and the 7th DIP switch should then be set to the right as well.

Appreciate the help!
ice

Post by ice »

Ric wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:00 am We've added a wiring diagram - http://ewccontrols.com/acrobat/090512a0369.pdf.
Thank you for posting that! I am in the same situation as the original poster and have some questions myself. I've consulted the wiring diagram posted as well as the individual ones for each control panel. I'll try to attach my marked up copies of each. Everything seems to map over well, except for #26 and #27 in the lower right of the first image (which depicts my current setup on the EWC-ST-3E). #26 is a brown wire from the master t-stat wire bundle and #27 is an orange wire from that same bundle. I am not sure what to do with these when I switch over to the NCM-300.

Notes for increased clarity: I have a propane fired forced hot air heat system with condenser unit outside for A/C. On my wiring diagram markups, I used pink to indicate white wires since white colored pencil doesn't show up well on white paper.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
ST_3D to NCM_300.pdf
ST_3D to NCM_300 1.pdf
ST_3D to NCM_300 2.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.