Limited airflow from Carrier Infinity...

Post your questions and comments here.
RTBoston

Limited airflow from Carrier Infinity...

Post by RTBoston »

Hoping for confirmation that the EWC Controls works with my system (trying to diagnose low air flow).

System components:
Carrier Infinity 96 58MVB Condensing Furnace
EWC Controls NCM-300 controller
Carrier SYSTXCC4ZC01 Infinity Damper Control
Braeburn 5000 Thermostats (2): Note... this may be the problem.
Condenser: Carrier 24aca336a300 (forgot to include this)

Home is approximately 2200SF. This is a condo that includes the second and third floor of the home. System has 2 zones, second floor and third floor. Both zones controlled by a Braeburn 5000 programmable thermostat. Both thermostats are in central locations on floors (also not the most ideal... but not important here).

Issue: Simple version: During hot days, we just can't keep the home cool.
More details: Thermostats on both floors set at 72 (for example). Overnight, the AC gets the house to that temperature, but once the outside temps begin to rise in the late morning, the system can't keep the home cool. I've tried to familiarize myself as best I can with the system, but I'm also a rookie here, so bear with my explanations as I may be misrepresenting something.

Condenser unit is outside adjacent the house (typical). Furnace is in the attic of our condo (home). My first experience with this type of system. Condenser controlled by thermostats that send signals to EWC. Damper control opens and closes depending on which thermostats are active.
The issue is that there just isn't much air flow from the AC system. From what I've read, I think this condensing furnace is a 2 stage system. If I understand that correctly, there should be two fan strengths. One quite and cost effective setting. The other a stronger fan that would work when the first can't keep up with temps. We just don't experience that stronger fan setting. Maybe I'm missing something?

The manual for the furnace suggests that a regular thermostat can operate the 2 stages because the CPU in the furnace can turn on the second stage if the temps aren't met by a certain timeframe. But maybe something wasn't wired correctly?

Or maybe the EWC which (if I'm understanding things correctly) replaced the Carrier CPU? Maybe that isn't set up correctly and as a result isn't turning on the second stage? Maybe the thermostats are the issue?

Or maybe I'm just an idiot and the furnace doesn't have a second (stronger) stage for the AC?
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all-
Paul Z.

Re: Limited airflow from Carrier Infinity...

Post by Paul Z. »

I have a few questions please call 1-800-446-3110 X490.
RTBoston

Re: Limited airflow from Carrier Infinity...

Post by RTBoston »

Left a voicemail.
Appreciate you leaving the contact info and let's see if we can catch up next week.