UT-3000 blower control, and heat pump wiring

Post your questions and comments here.
mzcarey

UT-3000 blower control, and heat pump wiring

Post by mzcarey »

I have an Amana communicating furnace (with variable speed blower) and 2-stage heat pump system, controlled by a UT-3000 with three zones, in which the heat pump controls the blower speed when the heat pump is on. I need more air than the heat pump calls for, so I'm thinking of wiring the heat pump as non-communicating. Questions:
1) Will the UT-3000 control the blower when the heat pump is on if the heat pump is wired as non-communicating?
2) I don't understand how to wire the UT-3000 to the heat pump. The heat pump wants W2, Y1 and Y2 (plus Hot, Common, Orange). The UT-3000 non-communicating wiring block offers W1, W2, and Y. Which wire goes where? (Or will the heat pump become a one-stage device if I wire it as non-communicating?).
3) With the system wired as communicating, the UT-3000 has been using the heat pump's outside air sensor to determine when to shift from heat pump to gas for heat. That won't work if the heat pump is wired as non-communicating. Can I use free wires in my low voltage cable to wire that sensor to the UT-3000 board? Or should I just buy a separate outside air sensor? I'm happy to do so, just asking.

Thanks much!
Paul Z.

Re: UT-3000 blower control, and heat pump wiring

Post by Paul Z. »

Call the office 1-800-446-3110.