EWC-ST-3C Damper Motor Halfway?

Post your questions and comments here.
tombitt

EWC-ST-3C Damper Motor Halfway?

Post by tombitt »

Our upstairs has been out-of-control hot. Took a look at how the dampers operated, and it appears that the upstairs damper motor stops halfway between open and closed. If I give it a little push, it finishes closing. I checked - the dampers themselves are fine, and move easily. This installation is from 1994. The dampers should never be halfway, correct? Can I assume I need a new motor, or is it possible to service it (oil?)? I don't mind getting a contractor, but only if I can't do it myself. Thanks for any advice!
Paul Z.

Re: EWC-ST-3C Damper Motor Halfway?

Post by Paul Z. »

Yes it sound like you need a new motor. Give a call and we can help you better with just a few questions. 1-800 446 3110 X490
tombitt

Post by tombitt »

Thanks, Paul. I'll call later today.
tombitt

Post by tombitt »

Gotta mention - I checked the third damper, and it's not moving at all. Only one good motor left. BUT, they're 22 years old, so not shocked. Thanks for your response and your help today! I know what I need to do now.
tombitt

Post by tombitt »

LAST question - is the MAN motor the same as "standard (power open/power closed)" motor that comes with new ND dampers? If so, any reason I can't just order this online through the estore? THANKS AGAIN!
Paul Z.

Post by Paul Z. »

No motor actuators are different.