Geothermal w/ Propane Auxillary Furnace Settings

Post your questions and comments here.
buckeye

Geothermal w/ Propane Auxillary Furnace Settings

Post by buckeye »

I have EWC UZC4 zone control board that is connected to a split geothermal using a propane furnace for auxillary heat. There are 2 zones in my house (1st floor/2nd floor). The geo is a ClimateMaster Tranquility 27 two-stage (TES049) and the propane furnace is a Trane XV95. I beleive that some of the board settings may be incorrect and am looking for input.

When I raise either zone thermostat by 1 deg F, I hear the tehrmostat relay click and the geo system will startup and run for about 1 minute. The thermostat clicks a 2nd time and the geo shuts down and the propane furnace kicks in and runs until the thermostat stops calling for heat. I do not think that running the geo for this short period of time is a good thing for the compressor. This has been happening all fall (outdoor temps above 45 deg F), not just during the recent cold snap.

The dipswitch is set for the OAS to control multistaging, but the pot is turned to OFF (fully CCW). The CS# is set to 1.

Does this make sense? Also, any reason not to have a supply air sensor installed? This entire system was professionally installed in my new construction home last year and this is my first heating season with it. Having trouble getting timely support from the contractor who installed and configured the UZC4.

Thanks in advance for the responses.
Paul Z.

Re: Geothermal w/ Propane Auxillary Furnace Settings

Post by Paul Z. »

A few other questions please call 1-800-446-3110 X490.