Post Delay - Please Don't Hit Submit More Than Once

Post your questions and comments here.
Ric
Site Admin

Post Delay - Please Don't Hit Submit More Than Once

Post by Ric » Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:00 am

This forum has a number of delays that can easily be mistaken for errors. First, there can be a delay of up to half an hour for new posts. Please don't mistake your missing post for a system error. Your post has not been lost and it will eventually display.

Next, the "submit" button has a delay. Only press it once. If you really think you forgot to press it give it at least twenty seconds to be sure. Repeated pressing will duplicate your post.

If you need immediate assistance please call us at 732-446-3110.

mzcarey

Re: Post Delay - Please Don't Hit Submit More Than Once

Post by mzcarey » Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:26 pm

FYI today Feb 28 the system is showing an error screen after one clicks the post button...but it appears the post actually happens. I double posted by mistake because of the error...others may do the same. Sorry!

Ric
Site Admin

Post by Ric » Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:05 am

OK, I just installed the newest version of the forum software. If the posting continues to give errors I'll make an attempt at a fresh install.

Ric

5zone

Post by 5zone » Sun May 01, 2016 11:00 am

I posted numerous times because of error:

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Twig_Error_Loader' with message 'The "./language/en_us/email" directory does not exist.' in /home/ewccon5/public_html/forum/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Loader/Filesystem.php:94 Stack trace: #0 /home/ewccon5/public_html/forum/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Loader/Filesystem.php(76): Twig_Loader_Filesystem->addPath('./language/en_u...', '__main__') #1 /home/ewccon5/public_html/forum/phpbb/template/twig/twig.php(251): Twig_Loader_Filesystem->setPaths(Array) #2 /home/ewccon5/public_html/forum/includes/functions_messenger.php(651): phpbb\template\twig\twig->set_custom_style(Array, Array) #3 /home/ewccon5/public_html/forum/includes/functions_messenger.php(265): messenger->set_template_paths(Array, Array) #4 /home/ewccon5/public_html/forum/phpbb/notification/method/messenger_base.php(77): messenger->template('newtopic_notify', 'en_us', '', '') #5 /home/ewccon5/public_html/forum/phpbb/notification/method/email.php(47): phpbb\notification\method\messenger_base->notify_using_messenger(0) #6 /home/ewccon5/p in /home/ewccon5/public_html/forum/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Loader/Filesystem.php on line 94

Turns out the posts showed up each time.

Ric
Site Admin

Post by Ric » Tue May 10, 2016 7:47 am

OK, it might be fixed. I discovered that I had only installed "British" English as a supported language. The system was permitting people to select "United States" English as an alternative. Since US-English wasn't installed the system was giving error messages. Now I have both British and United States English installed so everything should work properly.