Dampers doing their own thing

Post your questions and comments here.
jimbruton

Dampers doing their own thing

Post by jimbruton »

Model EWC-ST-3E
3 Zones (Basement, First Floor, Second Floor)- 1st floor (Main living area) is the primary zone thermostat.
Gas Furnace
10.5 years in use

Hi There,
Recently I am seeing the damper motors turning to green/open status for the 2nd and basement floors even though those thermostats are turned off. 1st/Main floor is OK. This morning I confirmed the basement thermostat was off and while I was inspecting the damper motors, the one for the basement started to turn to the open position on its own. I used the manual override to turn it back to off, and after I released the toggle, it simply turned back to the open position again. Upstairs on the 2nd floor, our bedroom gets very hot at night, even though we turn that thermostat off- we now have to turn off the Main Floor (master?) thermostat in order to not be to warm at night on the 2nd floor. Not sure if this is circuit board or thermostat problem but need to get it fixed.

If a replacement is needed, is there an upgrade recommended? How much would the replacement board cost (more or less)?

Otherwise, good system!

Thanks,

Jim
Connecticut
Paul Z.

Re: Dampers doing their own thing

Post by Paul Z. »

I have a few questions call me 1-800-446-3110 X490.
Slundy

Re: Dampers doing their own thing

Post by Slundy »

We are actually having the same issue. What was the resolution to this?