Damper Closed

Post your questions and comments here.
maydone

Damper Closed

Post by maydone »

Hi,

I have one high-efficiency furnace (Lennox) with two zone controllers (EWC MA-ND4), one is for the main floor and the other one for the 2nd floor.
I'm not sure from when exactly it was, but the zone controller for the 2nd floor is closed and the both green and red lights on the zone controller (See the attachement 1) for the 2nd floor is flashing. Also, the conrol panel for the Lennox furnace displays that 'Damper 2(zone 2) is closed' (See the attachement 2). As the result, I cannot conrol the temperature for the 2nd floor through the thermostat on the 2nd floor. No matter what temperature I set, cooling or heating system won't work, as the thermostat and furnace or zone controller cannot communicate properly.

Could you please advise to fix this problem? Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Nak-Woon
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Paul Z.

Re: Damper Closed

Post by Paul Z. »

You have to have a tech who can work on Lennox systems and test the board. It sound like the board is not getting a signal from thermostat. Broken wire, bad thermostat or two signals being given to board at one time, the board can only work with one signal at a time.