Thermostat Options for EWC-ST Series Control Panels

Post your questions and comments here.
Erik W.

Re: Thermostat Options for EWC-ST Series Control Panels

Post by Erik W. » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:22 am

You can set different temperatures for each day, and different temperatures can be set for throughout that day to accommodate for when the house is occupied and unoccupied. The programming is more versatile than just a single set temperature for each day of the week.

Erik

CoaSal

Post by CoaSal » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:54 am

Thanks. I apologize for returning to you, as i appreciate your advice but i dont think I have properly stated my question.

I may be wrong, but my recollection with a 5+2 programmable thermo is that i have the option to set one set of temp settings for 5 consecutive days (ie different temps throughout a day, but it would be repeated for 5 days) and another set of temp settings for 2 days.

But lets say i wanted to have monday at low temp for most of the day, tuesday only for the morning at low temps and watmer in the afternoon, wednesday like monday; and different still for the other 4 days in the week. In my last house i could only accomplish this with a fully programmable thermo

This is sometime referred to as a 7-day programmable as it allows seperate programming for each day.

Are you aware of any 7-day fully programmable thermostat that is compatable with EWC-ST-2C control panel.

Thanks again

Dave

Erik W.

Post by Erik W. » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:01 pm

The White Rodgers 1F95-1271 or IF95-1277 Touch Screen Programmable Thermostats are able to be programmed for 7 day and Have separate o and b terminals

Erik

DaveLCT

Post by DaveLCT » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:30 am

Eric,

I have the EWC-ST-2D running a Trane TWE Hyrdo hot water air handler with a Burnham PV75WT oil fired boiler and a Bock hot water storage tank. My cooling is a conventional Trane A/C.

I have been considering adding a Nest thermostat to Zone 1. My research on the EWC website indicates that Zone 1 requires a dedicated “O” and “B” connection at the thermostat; and therefore this would not work as currently configured. My further research on the website suggests that one solution seems to be adding a MCS-DXB and running the O and B plus R1 from the Zone 1 TSAT Block to the MCS-DBX; leaving W Y R1 and G going to the Nest thermostat.

Is this correct, or is the solution an upgrade to the NCM-300 board?

David

Erik W.

Post by Erik W. » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:30 am

David,

I would recommend just using the switch it is not necessary to upgrade the board. All the factory wires will be included in the switch you will need to wire the switch to the R1, O, B and G terminals. Your nest thermostat will then only need three wires R, Y and W if you are using battery power and a forth common wire would need to be added on the C terminal if you want to power your stats with 24 v

Erik

DaveLCT

Post by DaveLCT » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:32 am

Erik,

Thank you for your response and I am sorry about spelling your name wrong last time.

So if I want constant 24v power to the Nest, can I grab the common off the Zone 1 TSTAT “C” terminal block? Also, I understand that the Nest likes to control the air handler fan for a short period after the A/C compressor shuts off; this being the case, can I give the Nest the “G” wire or is it necessary to have the “G” wire go to the MCS-DXB?

Many thanks for your help.

David

Erik W.

Post by Erik W. » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:52 am

David,

Yes you use the C terminal on the zone 1 thermostat terminal block to run the nest with 24 v power from the board. You can wire the G either to the switch or straight to the G terminal whichever is easier for you.

Erik

emwilli

Post by emwilli » Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:13 am

I have an EWC-ST-2E controlling two zones, upstairs and downstairs, with separate thermostats. i would like to buy and install the Honeywell Prestige 2.0 thermostat. My question is, can this panel work with this thermostat and can this one thermostat be used to control both zones, instead of using two thermostats Thanks.

Erik W.

Post by Erik W. » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:19 am

Unfortunately that thermostat is not compatible with our ST Panel.

Erik Wnoroski
EWC Controls

emwilli

Post by emwilli » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:44 pm

Thanks Erik for the quick response. Is it possible to control two different zones with a single thermostat? I have a sinle heating and cooling unit with two motorized dampers for two zones.

Thanks