Thermostat Options for EWC-ST Series Control Panels

Post your questions and comments here.
Paul Z.

Re: Thermostat Options for EWC-ST Series Control Panels

Post by Paul Z. » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:16 am

Sorry for delay. The ST- board will not support that thermostat. Only a thermostat with a separate "O"/"B" terminal. Any other stats you must change the zone board. A NCM-300 will work just fine. If you are thinking about up grading you equipment to multi staging, then a BMPlus-3000 is what you would want.

cheng16887@yahoo.com

Post by cheng16887@yahoo.com » Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:12 pm

Hi,
I have the same EWC-ST-2C controll panel with only hot air Zone1 and Zone2 only.

I see your "Zone1 motor" and "Zone2 motor" set to OPEN, will that keep consuming electricity all the time and shorten the life of damper motor.

I'm thinking that those "Zone1 motor" and "Zone2 motor" should be OFF while the heating system is idle.

Please advise thanks.

John B.

Post by John B. » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:15 pm

Sir,

Most zone systems "default" all dampers open during idle periods. The reason for this logic is because there may be another device tied into the duct-work. maybe a whole house humidifier, HRV or a de-humidifier, that is not interlocked into the zone system. If the zone system closed all the dampers during idle periods. These devices would not be able to function.

Some damper motors are "spring open/power close" type, so they are being powered only to close! Others are "power open/power close" type, so they are being powered continuously. However, the current ND & URD dampers (MA-ND5 motors) de-energize all by themselves when they reach full open or close position. The LED's then illuminate and draw only 26 Milli-Amp. Very low power consumption and beautiful bright LED's to indicate damper position. Why would anyone buy anything else?

So there is little concern over motor life expectancy and they are warranted for 5 years. Life expectancy is 15 - 25 years.
I have attached the Submittal sheet files for both products.

John
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
John Brown :geek: